Non-Profit, Architecture + Interiors
In 2008 Redeemer Fellowship took ownership of the historic First Calvary Baptist Church, a proud limestone structure built in 1910. Heavily renovated in the 1920’s and 40’s, Redeemer hoped to interject new life into the building while maintaining the spirit of the historic structure’s fabric.
Redeemer challenged the design team with providing more functional circulation and amenities throughout the building including a new entry and gathering space, stair to the second-floor sanctuary, children’s classrooms, training rooms and restrooms. The team worked hand in hand with Redeemer to envision the design, assist with the fundraising effort and see the project through its successful completion. The final design is a modern interpretation of what a worship space can look like today, acting as a simple backdrop to the grand, historic century-old sanctuary structure.